Thursday, June 4, 2009

De-cluttering My Life


I officially live in a pigsty. My physical and emotional baggage is like... whoa! Overwhelming.

I seriously don't know how or where to start!

Months ago, I realised I am just shifting my junk from one place to another less conspicuous place. I can't bare to throw old stuff away for the fear that I might miss or need it one day. All those old clothes... "Oh, I'm gonna lose weight and fit in them again" thoughts... Gah! How do I even believe myself.

It's time I start de-cluttering. I'm a uber big procrastinator.. I'm talking big now, but gotta stop the ATNA. All Talk No Action.

Let's make a list:

♠ De-clutter my Laptop
My laptop is currently 85% full. I don't know what else I have in my lappy except for some TV shows, music, and pictures. I keep adding music and it's time I listen to some of the 238787 songs I've got in my lappy.

♠ De-clutter my Phone
Full of SMSes, random photos, call histories from last century, games not played... Phonelist with people I barely know... Sheesh.

♠ De-clutter my Bags
I have many bags. Each bag has its own clutter. Especially my work bag. Have ya seen the bag I bring to work? Zillions of colleagues have asked me what I always put in that bag and I will always reply with "Gold". Not funny anymore. I need to empty my big bag full of rubbish!

♠ De-clutter my Room
The biggest headache of all. I need to start selling alot of pre-loved clothes. They are all in paperbags on my shelves, I can't even see my shelf anymore. Magazines by my bedside, I don't even touch them. Notes on my table... scribbled with ideas that I never launched. Dressing table.. half used creams, expired makeup.. OMG!

♠ De-clutter my Wardrobe
Beside clothes, I have tons of other stuff in my wardrobe that I don't even know what it is. I know it's there, but I have no idea WHAT is there.

♠ De-clutter my Car
Yes, even my car has junk. Damn.

I started this list with only my room in mind, but looked what I thought up....

This is extremely depressing. Makes me feel like procrastinating more :(

I'm gonna start with something easy... to feel motivated..

Update later. I'm gonna start my decluttering my phone.

No comments: