Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cute Overload

This is gonna be an entry on pets, so if ya not exactly an animal lover, prepare for some cute overload...

As some of my friends or colleagues might know, I recently (more like 3 weeks back) got myself a new hamster...


He was a skinny little thing when I first got him.


He's a Russian Winter White. In the wild, their fur moults and turn white during the winter months. Since there's no winter season here, I don't think my hamster's fur gonna moult to white anytime soon haha.


Anyways, meet Whiskey! I named him after the colour of the drink. Lol.



Now that he's abit older, his fur is abit darker though. I went to Serangoon North Ave 2 to source for everything, as I've read that the cluster of pet shops there offer competitive prices. I finally settled at Pet Mart 'cause the auntie was really friendly.

She had a lot of types of hamsters including a real cute Pearl Winter White one... too bad I wanted a baby hamster. She went to the back of the shop and brought out this small tupperware food sized container. I picked the weakest, smallest, most frail looking one.


Look how skinny he was when I first got him.




His new cage that I got for him real cheap!


Hehe can you spot Whiskey hiding in his little crampy cube pot? Pot for $2 at Daiso! Love that place. See the pink plastic container? That's his toilet cum bath. Whiskey's toilet trained now. Woot!


He's a damn busybody I tell ya. Always want to "investigate" what's outside.




Eating a tomato, one of his favourite treats I feed him by hand.




His new toy my friend got for him, a hayball with a bell inside.


My friend is falling under Whiskey's spell. He's not exactly the animal lover "awwwwww" type. And to my pleasant surprise he got Whiskey a toy and some treats. Lol!

I stuffed a few sunflower seeds in the hayball. It drives Whiskey crazy trying to dig them out. *Evil laughter*


For revenge, he got himself a new hobby...


... Bar biting.

I have rubbed lemon, vinegar on the bars... doesn't stop him going at it. He does that to wake me up in the morning when my own alarm fails to wake me up and wakes him up instead. He does that to get my attention as well. Very naughty.


His other hobby besides eating and bar biting, would be sleeping.




Awwwwwwwww, right? Lol.

Okay, enough of Whiskey!



Remember Ah Pui the fat part time cat at my ex-workplace?


One of my kind colleagues adopted her some time back and gave her a home. :)

I visited Ah Pui and her new owner a couple of weeks ago and boy, is she FATTER now.


She looks much healthier though. :) And cuter than ever!


Acting shy to see me:




Ah Pui playing with Little Miss Chatterbox half-heartedly..


"Yea, I know I'm fat, whateverrr." Too fat to stand have to prop herself up with a paw. Lol!


Even her stumpy tail grew into a fat round furball.




My pictures don't do Ah Pui any justice. She looks better without flash and in real life. Hehe.



Okay, for those of ya sick of furballs and cutesy little stuff, some not so cutesy stuff for the more "manly" people out there....

... My brudder's pet prawns.


Not for eating, mind you!


Fighting over a piece of algae...




It's really fun watching them fight over food heh. They hit, shove and pull for a piece of yucky algae.

Video!



Okay, I know the video ended quite abruptly; my camera battery died, haha!

Okay, that's the end of my Cute Overload post... recently did some great Skinfood purchases online, hope to share with ya guys in a blogpost mini Skinfood review soon :)

Oh, and follow me on Twitter! :D

2 comments:

fatclay.com said...

OMG!!! ah pui!! the one who pang sai inside fire post!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ying,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog. It's always nice to see how people on the other side of the globe live, how they share the same joys and sorrows, what they do in their free time, etc.

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, I'll send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

PS: That hamster is really cute!!