Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Wanted To Cry Yesterday

Yesterday while at work, one of my vehicles had a suspension fault so we had to drive slowly to Sungei Kadut to get it repaired. It was a slow and boring day as we spent our whole day at the workshop.

Bored, I walked around the junkyard and the huge workshop looking at scrapped vehicles, and that was when I spotted this:



A litter of extremely adorable puppies! Pardon the horrible shots, my camera phone sucks in dark areas. For those familiar with the Sungei Kadut industrial area, they will know that there are many wild dogs there. There were 6 puppies, 3 boys and 3 girls, all in various shades of brown and black. They were a bundle of joy to look at, and I played Tug-O-War with them with one of the mechanic's (hopefully unused!)sock. The mother dog was nowhere to be found though.



They were so cute tumbling over each other, rolling on the floor, chewing on cables, I almost wanted to kipnap a little one home. They made me smile and the hours at the workshop past just a little bit faster :)

Little did I know, the Boss of the workshop actually called SPCA earlier. 2 hours after I was there, a SPCA van came and the guy started taking all the pups away, separating the boys and girls into different cages.



I was a little sad but happy for the pups as I was thinking hopefully they might find good homes and owners. After an hour since the SPCA guy left, I heard barking, and then I realised the mother bog had come back.

It was heart wrenching. She was barking and howling with all her heart. You could practically feel her heartbreak at losing her babies. She ran around the whole workshop and barked non-stop. I heard one of the mechanics say to her, "Mellow! Your babies kenna snatched already!"

Then he pointed to one of the female bosses and told Mellow, "SHE snatched your babies away. Blame her."

Mellow seemed to understand the mechanic, and for the next hour that I was there, Mellow barked at all the bosses that walked past. It was really sad and I wanted to cry when I looked at her.

I know by calling SPCA the puppies will have a chance at a better life. But looking at the howling mother dog, and a dog's life at the Sungei Kadut area, makes me wonder if sometimes we are doing a right thing morally canine.

If you're looking to get a dog, please do go down SPCA and adopt those lovely adorable puppies!

Mellow was still barking when we left... :(

No comments: